Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I purchased this in Michigan for $99.99 if memory serves me well, and at that price I feel like it's a pretty good value.

If you like Don Julio's anejo you'll most likely love this as it has a very similar flavor with added smoothness, and a bit more complexity without losing the agave presence. There is a nice nose on this with vanilla, oak, nut, and a touch of cinnamon. A very smooth tequila with a really nice finish.

Also, I couldn't help but think that I kept smelling and tasting a slight cognac presence... I have no idea if this is true, and I've never heard this, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this spent some time in cognac barrels. I would think that would be something they'd want to let people know as El Tesoro does with Paradiso, but who knows. I could be way off, but after I realized that's what I thought it reminded me of it became more present to me. By the way, being that it reminded me of it, it pales in comparison to Paradiso, but is still an excellent anejo and most definitely worth trying, again, especially if you like Don Julio.

I like the bottle this comes in because it's unique, but it doesn't fit in my cabinet and I hate their caps so that takes presentation down a bit for me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments