Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Sampled from a tall shot glass 3/24/10 at home, paid $38.00 locally. The bottle is "catchy" a screw top affair, I pulled a bit until I realized I needed to turn... no tequila either at that point! Light amber in color, no tears, leaves a slow bleed on the glass and will gather to drops if left to settle. The "clump" as I call it is something I don't like to see. IMHO you get the "fast clump" from too much H2O added to an oily anejo. This tequila does not exhibit clumping, this tells me it has been carefully blended and has an attention to detail some higher priced anejo's don't have. Slight alcohol/agave nose very subtle. Very smooth on the way down, does not beg to be held like some others. Has a nice lasting finish that ends with a nice numbing on the tongue and slight pepper taste. I like this anejo because it doesn't try to do too much, it's not a candy bar or some other trendy thing, it's happy to be a good smooth tequila with a subtle bite, just to remind you that this is a tequila. I like it and am happy to have added it to my growing collection.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments