Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

4 Copas Anejo NOM 1457 Tasted on 4/30/07 at 10:20pm. 4 Copas anejo cost me about $100 at BevMo. I tasted this tequila in my home and used a Riedel glass for tasting. The bottle is similar to a normal bottle except for a unique design on the back of the bottles which is a man on horseback whose head is an agave plant. 4 Copas ages their anejo for at least one year which causes it to be a dark golden color. Intense aromas of this tequila include earth and floral are followed by moderate notes of fruit, vanilla, spice, caramel, and smoke. In the mouth, the anejo is oily and heavy. While the tequila is sweet and almost syrupy, there is only a minimal hint of bitterness. When examining the flavors of 4 Copas Anejo, first impressions include intense earth and floral accents. On a second sip, I noticed moderate flavors of agave, vanilla, and smoke. When searching for deeper flavors upon tasting the tequila, one can taste mild notes of fruit, wood, caramel, and spice. Unfortunately, this tequila only has a medium duration of flavor but did have a nice numbing alcohol intensity. I awarded 4 Copas Anejo the rating of 90 points out of 100.

TJ
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments