Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I was in Rosarita, Mexico, in 2009 when I came across Grand Corralejo. I am a big fan of the Corralejo Brand and for the price and quality it is hard to beat. I enjoy all high quality tequilas, but I always have at least one Corralejo bottle on hand at all times. I was in a little hole-in-the wall store with my niece’s husband and we bought two of the three bottles in this store for about $65 each (should have bought all three). I see the cost today for this bottle up to $100. These where the original bottles from the first 2000 cases made. The latest bottles have a different cross on the top of the bottle (as seen in internet pics). This is the best tequila I have ever enjoyed. The aroma is somewhat light with scents of oak, spices and citrus. With the first sip I was amazed at the complexity of this spirit. It is very smooth, with flavors of spice, citrus, caramel and finishes with a long note of floral and vanilla. It reminds me of drinking fine wine. This is wonderful tequila in a very elegant bottle. I have not seen this bottle in the States and will continue to look for it. I can’t wait to try Corralejo’s latest batch with the new bottle tops to see how they compare to the initial vintage.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments