Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Great looking bottle, premium price...Either the craftsmanship will shine through...or it's all marketing.

Aroma: Agave, floral notes and a medicinal smell. Not all all what I would expect from an anejo. It almost smells like a house plant with the grassy & floral notes.
Initial Taste: Agave, citrus and hints of spice. Not a big overall initial flavor. Hints of smoke as well.
Body: Medium body...thin for an anejo. Light hints of vanilla combine with the earthy agave for a nice sweetness and a touch of smoke.
Finish: It finishes more like a blanco or reposado than an anejo. There's plenty of agave and pepper notes in the finish and it lasts for a long time. The aging does make it pretty smooth. The linger is a floral/grassy pepper which is very unique for something aged over 12 months.

It's a fine tequila, but if I'm looking for something with some aging properties, I'm not going to this one...especially at the premium price that they charge for Partida. It's good, but the anejo label seems like a lie and the price isn't merited by the juice within.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments