Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I'm an anejo fan with my second choice being a blanco. Of all the blanco's I've tried this would be on the short list of my favorites. The aroma is a little too astringent for my liking, but there is also a floral and citrus presence. Not my favorite smelling tequila, but the smell doesn't mean much to me. Flavor is interesting - it has a thicker flavor than many other blancos and I really enjoy that. It's not quite syrupy, but it's more syrupy than watery. There is also quite a peppery flavor. I don't know that I can describe it well, but it has a unique aftertaste that I quite enjoy. The cool thing to me about this tequila is that it tastes very similar to the rest of the Don Julio line. In other words, it tastes like if you put this in a nice barrel for a year it would soften a bit and taste like their anejo. Seems like they all should be like that, but as many people know that's not always the case. Anyway, if you're looking for a great blanco (or any tequila for that matter) you can't beat Don Julio. Don Julio seems to be very available, at least in the mid-west and out east. In my opinion Don Julio is an all around great line and very consistent.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 1

Comments