Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Came highly recommended, but I must say this bottle was one of my bigger tequila disappointments in the last year or so...

I drink silver tequilas exclusively, and only drink them neat. This bottle was displayed on the top shelf at my reputable liquor store and set me back $45; it should have been displayed between the Herradura and Tres Generaciones and cost about $35. I usually shy away from elaborate bottles (more money spent on the packaging means less money spent on the contents) and should have trusted my gut on this one. I have a feeling this tequila would be great were it only double-distilled, but after triple-distilling there's not much agave left. Very sharp alcohol taste and mediocre mouth feel. Very short finish, but given the poor initial flavor and body, the quick finish is this tequila's strongest asset. Reminds me of Don Eduardo, another disappointment in my book.

Certainly not the worst tequila I've ever had, but the worst tequila I've ever seen pulled off the top shelf.
I
Top 500 Reviewer 1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments