Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Must say I'm surprised this has received such mixed reviews. Of course everyone has different tastes, but it seems like some consensus generally forms. I'm wondering if there is some inconsistency in the product.

As for me, I think this is a superb blanco - very fresh, crisp, refined and just delicious. It is very smooth, especially for a blanco (in some ways it goes down like a good rep or an anejo), yet complex and rich too. All that with a sweet but prominent agave presence.

Very nice nose on this with spice, pepper, earth, warm agave, subtle pine, and a hint of astringency.

Entry is delectable with a very sweet, warm, semi-oily and almost a little nut flavor, perhaps just the oak, but a wonderful entry full of agave.

Body is full and complex with each of the characteristics above present, and a touch briny.

Finish is super smooth, although a nice little burn will develop after a few sips to remind you it's tequila, but sip by sip this is super smooth and goes down like a nice anejo. The finish is smooth, but nice and long, and pepper, and agave are the flavors that lasted the longest and were most pronounced for me.

Again, not sure about the consistency, but for me this was a great experience.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 0

Comments