Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Another new line of tequilas - I still have not tried all the old ones. My trip to Princeton, New Jersey to do a bicycle ride (August 20, 2012) was rewarded with this new silver tequila which I found in several liquor stores in downtown Princeton. I am beginning to take a much greater interest in blancos and this tequila is another good example of why. As always, the first tastings are done in a Riedel glass filled with a doble shot. My initial impression was complex - especially for a blanco. The agave flavor was strong , followed quickly by overtones of citrus and even some herbal notes. I was particularly surprised as the flavor continued to build throughout the tasting. At first, the finish of each swallow was a little strong with some heat, but I would not call it peppery. I would characterize it as strongly herbal. I am thinking Jagermeister, but also the national alcohol of the Czech Republic camw to mind - Becherovka. The price was $42.00 and the bottle is frosted with a colorful label celebrating the end of the Mayan calendar in December, 2012. Over all, I would drink this tequila straight up most of the time due to its very distinctive taste. There is much agave here which means it should be celebrated as a power unto itself. The cork in my bottle was very loose so transportation of an open bottle had to be in a vertical position. I hope we can enjoy 2012 Luna Nueva for many years regardless of the outcome of the Mayan calendar.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments