Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I love NOM 1079 products, and really wanted to like this juice, but in the end there was a taste aspect that disagreed with me. Maybe it was just an 'off' production bottle, but I had a similar experience with the other expressions as well.

The nose was mostly alcohol, but some definite agave with faint spice and white pepper. Taste was initially sweet, but pepper and maybe garlic sneaking in(?); not overly offensive garlic, but some type of aromatic vegetable. Some folks have noted an olive taste, so maybe my interpretation of that particular taste is off here.

Medium body in weight and coating - this was the strong suit of this tequila for me. A fairly quick finish with only slight heat; lingering aromatics, mostly in the mouth and not the throat.

This was not a standout for me, but has a few nice characteristics. Again, I really wanted to like this more. The typical pricing I have seen is a little high for what you get IMO. It is an odd-shaped bottle that is somewhat difficult to handle.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments