Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Another tequila that has waited too long to be sampled and reviewed. I can't believe with how much I liked the anejo and that it took me this long to get to another expression of this brand. Top that off with the fact that it's made at NOM 1526 (which is home to some of my very favorites) and now I just feel like a first class idiot.

Price: $35-45/bottle

Aroma: Tons of highland agave and white pepper. It fills the glass, room and your nostrils.

Initial Taste: Just what the nose tells you with an added mushroomy essence.

Body: The body is crisp and clean. Not overly oily or too thin. Very nice mouth feel. The agave flavor is still at the forefront and the pepper notes are there as well with a sweet vegetal hint that gives it a nice complexity. It's not sweet enough that I would classify it as fruity though.

Finish: A medium length finish that is just a "best of" compilation of all of the flavors. Nothing sticks out, but it's very good. Also, it's oh, so smooth.

I liked the añejo, I love this blanco. The balance and overall profile of this makes it one of the best blancos I've had in recent memory. It has notes of highland and lowland and a ton of agave flavor. The bottle also has a nice look if you're looking for that as well. All in all, a stellar effort from Sol de Mexico.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments