Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Another bottle that has been staring me in the face for far too long. It feels a bit like an old friend that I finally decided to give a call and check in. And El Destilador is an old friend with a lot of cousins...coming from NOM 1173, which produces 25+ brands including Justin Timberlake's 901 Tequila. I had the añejo a while back and thought it was a pretty darn good juice for the price. You all know how I love value tequilas...

Price: $20-30/bottle

Aroma: A very herbaceous aroma with green spices and agave filling up you nostrils. A tad harsh, but really full of unique smells.

Initial Taste: Vegetal agave with a nice amount of sweetness to round it out.

Body: A medium body...and one that's full of complexity. The agave sweetness is there, the vegetal notes remain and there's a spicy pepper note as well.

Finish: The herbal notes are very strong on the linger and it lasts for a good while. No sweetness on the linger...it's all herbs and pepper. Very unique.

While this tequila isn't necessarily in my preferred taste range, it does this profile well. A nice mix of herbs and agave kick with good balance and a light sweetness that keeps it from being too dry. When considering the presentation, price and quality, this is definitely a tequila to keep around for the sake of variety and uniqueness. I really like how this one was crafted overall.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments