Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I really wanted to like this brand since it is based in Chattanooga, TN - within my home state. But it falls short in almost every aspect, especially considering that (according to press releases) they are trying to penetrate the 'super-premium' market.

In the nose, some cooked agave, but not a major presence; there is also a little mint, and a little sourness. Taste was mostly sweet, but there is a bitterness and a bit of a sour bite. The body was fairly thin and light, but not watery. Finish was unremarkable except for quick, unpleasant heat - maybe some pepper, and a slight lingering of raw agave.

This was not a very enjoyable experience in any aspect. I really just wanted it to be over. It sells at a premium, which I don't understand. I purchased the stacked flight set of the of 375ml bottles, which is clever. I have also seen the individual 750ml bottles in the stores; they are attractive, but not anything special or unique. Note that in the stacked set, the top one is the blanco, and has a wooden stopper and synthetic cork.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments