Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Luna Malvada plata is my first brand or expression from NOM 1572 (Destiladora de Agave el Mentidero, S.C. de R.L.). The black bottle is striking and the logo and is unique and classy. All that is well and good, but we don't drink labels...and I'm anxious to jump into a brand and distillery that is totally new!

Price: $45-50/bottle

Aroma: Very herbal and earthy…with a hint of wet socks. I say that jokingly, but there's not sweetness in the nose of this one. Big lowland smell.

Initial Taste: A decent flavor of cooked agave, but herbaceous notes are a bit overpowering.

Body: This tequila finds a bit more balance on the palate at this point. The herbs mix with the sweetness and hints of pepper. This is not a dessert blanco. This is one that has a lot of plant and earth flavors and is like a slap across the face. It’s bold…which is a good thing.

Finish: It finishes just like the flavors in the body with a medium linger. Nice herbs & pepper with just a hint of sweetness to round it out.

While this profile might not be my favorite, I really like when a tequila OWNS a specific place on the flavor wheel. This one does just that. If you like tequila with big herbal notes and pepper, this is one for you...because it straight up kicks your palate's ass. It’s aggressive on the palate and takes no prisoners. If you’re looking for delicate, stay away. Maybe not my favorite profile, but it certainly doesn't mess around.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments