Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Trianon tequila is an entirely new brand to me. They've been around for a little while and the company makes their tequila at NOM 1500 (Tequilera Las Juntas, S.A. de C.V.), but is based in Tennessee. Normally I only picture the expression that I'm tasting at the time, but sometimes interesting packaging is worth noting and Trianon sells the entire line in a very attractive and cool stackable 375ml trio. Let's hope the tequila is as good as the package.

Price: $35-40/bottle

Aroma: Cooked agave with some earth and some very faint vegetal notes and a hint of mint. Very natural smelling and not overly sweet.

Initial Taste: A lightly sweet entry with nice agave flavors and the light mint.

Body: Thin bodied on the palate. The vegetal notes are stronger than the earthy ones detected in the nose. The agave is still present and a peppery note sneaks in. Lots of flavors despite the light mouth feel.

Finish: A decent linger of the vegetal agave with mint and light peppery agave punch. A pleasant finish that last for a good while.

This is a very solid bottle for the price. I like the consistency of the vegetal/mint notes and the sneaky agave peppery punch mid-palate and at the finish. I'd definitely recommend picking this up...especially with the cool packaging and the fact that you can try all 3 expressions at an affordable price. Well thought out idea by the people at Trianon.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments