Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Small brand, big distillery. El Arco hails from NOM 1466 (Tres Mujeres) and isn't all that widely distributed. I did try the añejo a while back and thought it was a decent tequila. Much like that review, this was done completely blind with no knowledge of the brand before writing the notes. I try to do that whenever possible with the reviews to provide the most unbiased notes possible and then do my brand research afterwards. On to the notes...

Price: $40/bottle

Aroma: A big nose of raw/green agave. Pine, mint and citrus notes.

Initial Taste: Very similar to the nose. A nice sweet agave flavor with grassy/vegetal elements and a hint of pepper.

Body: Fairly mild on the middle of the palate. Nice sweetness still present and it’s really balanced between the sweetness and the green and spicy notes.

Finish: A fairly short, but pleasant finish. Nice peppery linger with just a hint of mint.

I like this tequila, but maybe don’t quite love it. It’s got nice flavors and is fairly mild. Would be a good starter tequila for sure and is a very easy drinker. Much like the more aged brother, it's a bit muted, but if you are a fan of the arch in Cabo, you might want this one for that reason...and because it's very drinkable. Outside of that, I'm not sure you need to spend a lot of time seeking this one out.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments