Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Querido Viejo Blanco NOM 1431 Tasted on 10/5/07 at 4pm. I tasted this unaged tequila at my house in a Riedel glass from a bottle I was given. The estimated cost when available is $48 to $55 a bottle, which in my opinion makes this tequila an excellent choice when examining quality versus price. Each bottle is numbered and comes in a rustic wooden box with a custom bottle stopper. While the bottle comes with the custom bottle stopper, I would not recommend using it. The stopper does not properly seal the bottle and, thus, I would not recommend using it for anything other than short term use. The tequila is clear in color and has intense aromas of floral and fruit. Less apparent aromas include moderate spice, mild earth, and a hint of smoke. Initial aspects of the tequila are a thin-to-medium mouth feel that provides a mellow and soft sensation on the tip of the tongue. Upon first taste, the tequila has no bitterness and a low level of sweetness. Flavors of Querido Viejo Blanco include intense floral and agave followed by moderate fruit aspects. Finishing with mild earth and spice, this tequila experience comes to an end with a medium to long duration of flavor and a numbing alcohol intensity. In my opinion, this tequila is well worth trying when it becomes available and using my rating scale I have award Querido Viejo Blanco tequila with the rating of 92/93 points out of 100.
TJ
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments