Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tres Rios Tequila Silver, NOM 1482, Lot. Nr. 1802, Bottle Nr. 039985-A. Crystal clear color with long legs extending high on the shot glass. The first nose is sweet cooked agave with a hint of spice. The second nose is cedar pencil with more spice. The initial taste is spicy sweet with hints of coriander, cloves, & cinnamon followed by a warm glow. The body is very peppery with nice warmth, sweetness, & light alcohol. The finish rolls over the tongue & fades into a memory. I have tasted smoother tequilas but Tres Rios has a quality that spans the entire tasting experience with only a slight alcohol numbing sensation. The presentation, inner wrapped & boxed with a sealing waxed neck ribbon is impeccable. Everything here is silver. Above the hard rock/heavy metal hype is a reasonably priced, very sound tequila worthy of your consideration. Top shelf. A-
(I am concerned about tequila bottle corks not sealing as well as they should, this one included. Every tequila I've reviewed so far has had this problem. Be careful to, especially transport & obviously store, straight up or leakage will occur).
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments