Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted in a Reidel glass on 7/25/13. Bought at Trader Joe's for $20. It sounds like they may have re-formulated this brand because others reviewing it refer to it as a mixto. My bottle and label are different from the picture above and clearly labeled 100% Blue Agave.

The aroma is very much vanilla-like in my estimation. I don't put much stock in my nose anymore, but the taste confirms the vanilla flavor. It doesn't taste real alcoholy--not too much burn, but my nose does pick up a good amount of the alcohol. Used as a sipper, it's pleasant and grows warm and fuzzy inside, but not the best tasting I've had. For this price point you can't expect a top notch anejo. For sipping I'd look for something a little more sophisticated, more taste, and little smoother, but for margaritas it's more than fine. The bottle is well presented, but I'm more partial to corks than screw tops like this one. There's just something more authentic to a cork, even if it doesn't make the juice taste any different. For $20, which is my specialty, I'd buy it again but for special occasions, let loose with a little more cash. Salud.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments