Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I bought a bottle of this with no prior knowledge. I saw it in a local store, thought the bottle looked cool, and purchased the repo for $25. I realize this is coming out to a very high rating, but this repo has a lot of characteristics that I like.

The bottle is very attractive, and the color is fairly dark compared to a lot of repos. I think my girlfriend described this tequila best as 'hearty'. The nose is fairly earthy, but very rich in the smell of sweet cooked agave. There is a slight burn in the nose, but it contributes to the overall strength of this spirit.

The taste is like the nose, very heavy sweet agave, with a bit of earthiness. In a snifter, there are very visible, long, dripping legs that just don't quit. There is no burn in the taste on the front on the tongue, and a very heavy, oily body.

The finish is very smooth, with only minimal burn, and a lingering taste that coats the entire mouth. It is not an offensive taste, but definitely not for wussies. If lumberjacks drank tequila, this would be it, due to the heavy body, flavor, and taste. If you like a strong pure tequila taste, you could sip on this all night. If you have a lighter palate, it would get old after a glass or two.

Again, this has a lot of things that I like, thus the high rating. And for the price, this is pound-for-pound a great purchase. It reminds me why I like tequila.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments