Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

EDIT: This is an updated review. Although I still think very highly of this line, I am backing off on the throttle just a bit after another year of experience.

A scent of cooked agave and caramel with a bit of astringency - nothing to dislike about this nose. In the taste, there is an immediate kick of sweet caramel with a little cinnamon spice, accompanied with a pleasant and subtle tingle of alcohol. The body has a nice weight and oiliness; it doesn't coat per se, but very balanced. The finish is smooth with a mild, balanced burn; it turns a little dry in the mouth, but cooked agave comes back.

As with the blanco, a pleasant experience that would be a great intro for sipping. It's just plain hard to complain about this repo, although admittedly it is not the most complex. I got this bottle on clearance for about $21, which is a steal for an all-around good repo like this. I like the sturdy, heavy, glass bottle, although the sticker art is kind of elementary, and it has an acrylic cap with a plastic cork.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments