Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Honestly, I've been anxiously waiting to try this brand for a long time. I don't know why it's taken me so long to pull the trigger, but I finally got the bottle today and I'm hoping that the anticipation hasn't gotten my hopes up to high. There's only one way to find out...

Aroma: A sweet highland agave, caramel, baking spices (cinnamon) and hints of floral and fruit notes.
Initial Taste: Sweet agave and vanilla entry. Fairly basic given the complex nose.
Body: Thinner body, but TONS of character and complexity. Lots of cinnamon, some fruit and oak. Nice sweet agave flavor as well.
Finish: A very nice medium-long length finish. The agave kick is there and the cinnamon, caramel and oak notes linger nicely.

This is a really splendid tequila. It's a true sipper with lots of character. Every taste is a bit different and the spice notes both from the agave and the barrel are there. That's why I love reposados...and that's why I love this tequila. The price is high, but the craftsmanship merits a premium price. If you're looking for a spicy and complex tequila, this one should be right up your alley.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments