Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted in a reidel glass on 8/11/13. Bought for $44 at Total Wine and More. I don't usually pay this much for tequila. My specialty is for inexpensive (mostly $20) bottles. I may have to change my tune. This is good tequila, which probably reinforces the adage, "you get what you pay for." At any rate is increases my perspective and by knowing inexpensive tequilas, you can appreciate and better review the higher-priced cousins. I like everything about this tequila--the taste, the aroma, the finish. I can definitely use this for sipping. No doubt it makes a good margarita too. For me the aroma was all about agave and vanilla. The initial taste was also vanilla with caramel too. When others say fruity, I'm not sure what that means. I don't consider it too sweet like fruit, nor can I pick out a flavor of fruit, but I do detect the sugars in it. You don't have to pay this much for decent tequila, but i think this juice is worth the $$$ and well spent. The finish is easy, but just enough to gently warm your insides. The bottle is also gentle, elegant, but not ostentatious. It's not one of the fancier ones, but manly. Next, and just for fun, I will compare it to another reposado by the same distiller, the Distinqt brand from Trader Joe's. Until then, I love Peligroso. Salud.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments