Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Artesanal Suave...and smooth it is. This is a very lean and clean tequila with crisp and distinct aroma, taste and body.

The aroma is somewhat minerally but pleasant with hints of agave and a little spice. The taste is bright with a nice bite, but the edges have been rounded off making it very drinkable. The flavor is more of wam spices than anything, with clove being first followed a little cinnamon. Nice sweetness without overwhelming, no bitterness. Body is light to medium. It's not thin and it does linger a bit on the palate, but there is no heaviness to this tequila. The biggest detractor to this tequila for me is the finish which pack a good punch of mineral and earth, but luckily it's a short finish so it does not linger.

This is a nice sipping tequila. I thought I'd like it a little more than I do (finish being the detractor for me) but it will certainly grow on me and I'll have no trouble getting through the bottle. I bought a liter bottle in Tijuana for $27, which is a stellar price compared to the $64 price tag for a 750 ml bottle in the U.S. The liter bottle also has a much nicer design and presentation than does the 750 bottle. Like the tequila in it, it's lean and clean bottle...taller with a spare design.

Overall, I'd encourage anyone to try this tequila and form their own opinion. It's a nice tequila that borders on being a very good one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments