Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

A few weeks back I reviewed the Trianon Blanco and was pleasantly surprised. Nice natural flavors, great packaging and well priced. So, I think it's time to move on to the reposado and see if the barrel treats this one well. If you want a little more brand background, please look back at the blanco review. For now, I'm going in...

Price: $30-35/bottle
Aroma: A big cooked agave aroma fills your nose. There's hint of citrus and nutmeg (or other brown spice) as well. A really inviting nose.
Initial Taste: More green than the nose might indicate. The agave flavor is potent up front with vegetal notes and strong pepper. Not as sweet as it was on the aroma.
Body: Medium bodied. A slight hint of bitterness from the wood and still a nice peppery kick. The brown spices are back as well.
Finish: A fairly lengthy finish with some nice oak notes and lengthy pepper linger. All in all a solid finish.

Much like the blanco, this is a solid entry. It has the balance that a good reposado should have and a strong agave kick. Priced about where it should be in the marketplace. I'll say it again. If you can find the 3 stack, pick it up and have fun with the Trianon vertical. I'm looking forward to digging into the añejo soon
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments