Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

I drank this tequila out of a crystal snifter. The nose on this is deceiving. It yields a pleasant aroma of agave, vanilla and earth. Upon my first sip I was overwhelmed by the flavor of burnt wood. Then as I sat with it in my mouth, letting the flavors develop and decode, I realized that this Anéjo was over powered by a strange flavor; very reminiscent of Bourbon. In-fact, I question if this tequila was stored in burnt wood barrels. The body was boring with no real definition or characteristics. It had so-so legs and did not impress with any definition. The finish was bathed in the flavor of bourbon.
I will admit, I like my tequila to taste like Agave, mixed with subtle nuances that define its production. If I want bourbon, I will buy bourbon, but I do not... I want Anéjo Tequila. Though this brand is in many bars and served as their "top shelf". I must say I find it very disappointing and not worth the cost of admission. If you want sunshine bathed Agave tasting Tequila, then look elsewhere.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments