Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

While Ley .925 is probably most known for producing expensive bottles, I found that I very much enjoyed the first one from their line that I tried (the anejo). So, I decided it would be best to see what they start with. NOM 1479 has some very nice tequilas, so I hope this lives up to my hopes.

Aroma: A big nose of earthy agave. Very simple...wet cement, agave and pepper.
Initial Taste: A fairly muted initial taste with some green notes to go long with the earthy notes. Not very sweet on the entry at all.
Body: The earthiness comes forward a bit along with a bit fruit (raspberries). An interesting combination that still only has a muted sweetness. The body itself is fairly average. Not too oily, not too thin.
Finish: A medium length finish with a decent agave kick. The spice on the finish is not too strong or light. Nice balance, but nothing too noteworthy either.

This is a good tequila. The flavors are fairly muted, but it has a nice earthy balance. It's got a nice agave flavor, but nothing that makes it stand out. The good thing about this tequila is that it can be purchased in the $25 range. It's certainly worth buying at that price.

TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments