Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

El Don de la familia Tequila Plata. NOM 1534. Tasted in Riedel glass on 2/15/08. "The Boss" was purchased online from Hi-Time as it is not available in my area. Crystal clear in the glass, bright and colorless. This tequila is a real sleeper. Aroma/nose is incredible! One of the best. It's a full spectrum agave aroma, with everything you'd expect in a blanco and more. Very pleasing. The taste was an enjoyable experience from start to finish with its only setback being a slightly bitter aftertaste. This tequila comes closest to 4 Copas than any other blanco that I have tried. The taste is sweet green and vegetal with hints of fruit and citrus. It has a thin to mediun/light body and a balanced alcohol feel on the tongue. A straight forward deep agave flavor with lots of lasting heat on the finish. Because of its strong flavor it can make a great mixer but this tequila is a sipper for my money. There's lots of true to a blanco tequila flavor and aroma here to like. Definitely breaks into my top 5. The unique bottle design partly drew me to this tequila. The label could be better, but the embeded crystal and dripping wax seal are nice touches. A reasonable price point makes this a must try.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments