Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

Tasted in a Reidel glass on 10/17/13. Zapopan is the least expensive 100% agave tequila I have ever seen or know of. It retails for $9.99 at Trader Joe's. So unless it's the absolute worst tequila you've ever tasted, then you have to give it a high rating for "price." I believe generally that you get what you pay for. This is certainly not a great or even good tequila. It's tolerable. In a margarita i don't think most people would know the difference. I just can't say it's the worst tequila I've ever tasted. I can detect the usual hints of vanilla, caramel, and a little wood, but the taste is a bit obscured by the strong alcohol taste and burn. That said it could be worse. Like I said it's tolerable in a margarita. A little extra lime juice and you'd never tell the difference between Zapopan and much better tequila. I should observe also a local restaurant here, that no doubt thinks of themselves as an upper middle rung restaurant, uses Zapopan in their margaritas de casa. I won't make a habit out of buying this juice because I have too much pride. But you can always keep a bottle around for when your least favorite relatives stop by unannounced. As always, Salud.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments