Overall rating

Aroma-Nose

Initial Taste

Body

Finish

Enjoyability

Price

Presentation

What seems like ages ago, I discovered the Tierras brand with the blanco at Hi Times Wines for $19.99 and I fell in love with it. Then I tasted the añejo and was not as impressed. So, the reposado has sat there with the seal in tact for over a year and I'm finally finishing up the final piece of the line-up. I'm approaching it with an open mind; after all NOM 1502 makes some quality stuff.

Price: $25-35/bottle

Aroma: The nose leans more toward the profile of the blanco than the añejo. The agave is there with a grassy compliment. Definitely not too much oak.

Initial Taste: A solid agave entry with the grassy notes and floral and citrus hint. The oak is again very light on the front of the palate.

Body: The body is a little thin and mid-palate it lacks a bit of flavor. The oak comes forward more and stops the agave from shining as much as it did previously.

Finish: There's a hint of bitterness from the oak and the agave punch is fairly light. There's nothing displeasing about it, but it lacks a little oomph on the finish.

At the lower end of the price range on this one, it's still a pretty good value. The profile is consistent and it has elements that will please those who don't want an overly sweet repo. All in all, it's a solid but not spectacular reposado.
TT
#1 Reviewer 414 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments